- This event has passed.
The Power of Restorative Justice: Philosophy & Practice
November 26, 2018 - November 28, 2018$450
This three-day workshop is a rare opportunity to learn about the positive impact and benefits of a restorative justice approach, from the experience of victims of a serious crime. Vi and Ray have spent the past twelve years using their devastating experience to educate communities, and help create system change in regional policing, and probation.
Ray & Vi Donovan: Visiting for Restorative Justice Week (November 18 – 25, 2018) from the United Kingdom, recipients of multiple recognition awards for their work in Restorative Justice.
The aim of this workshop is to enable participants to develop the knowledge, and skills necessary to effectively practice restorative approaches.
The objectives of the workshop include:
- An understanding of the principles of restorative justice
- Sensitivity and recognition of the needs of others when applying restorative approaches
- The ability to identify and practice appropriate restorative approaches in a variety of settings including:
- A definition of Restorative Justice
- Why Restorative Justice?
- A ‘Snapshot’ of the history of RJ in the UK
- The three ‘Rs’
- Models of Restorative Justice
Register and pay before October 29 to get early-bird rate: $450 + HST